Specturn Pink Underglaze Turning White

I talked to the Duncan and Amaco people about the pink and rose colored UG.  It just fades at cone 6.  Doesn't seem to matter which clear is over it.  They said it is a problem at cone 6.   I have found if I mix red and white, I get a pink  that stays bright.

Roberta

21 minutes ago, Roberta12 said:

I talked to the Duncan and Amaco people about the pink and rose colored UG.  It just fades at cone 6.  Doesn't seem to matter which clear is over it.  They said it is a problem at cone 6.   I have found if I mix red and white, I get a pink  that stays bright.

Roberta

Thank u! I will try tht

18 minutes ago, Min said:

Spectrum 570 Hot Pink uses a cadmium inclusion stain, it remained true to colour at cone 6 when I used it. It did flux enough at cone 04 bisque to form a sheen but is fine at a 06 bisque.  I believe Speedball pink uses cadmium inclusion stain also, plus it's a fair bit less expensive than Spectrum.

Thank U!!

3 hours ago, Min said:

Spectrum 570 Hot Pink uses a cadmium inclusion stain, it remained true to colour at cone 6 when I used it. It did flux enough at cone 04 bisque to form a sheen but is fine at a 06 bisque.  I believe Speedball pink uses cadmium inclusion stain also, plus it's a fair bit less expensive than Spectrum.

Good to know!!

grumpy, if you look at a question in this section of the forum titled  slip/engobe as decoration.  i included a photo of slips in various colors including several pinks.  might work for you.

if you make your own glazes, i have one that works in pink as well.   will try to add a photo here but that is hard.

8 hours ago, Morgan said:

That’s great @neilestrick. What do you use for your line work? Is that just black underglaze in an applicator ?

Thanks! It's a technique known as mishima. At the leather hard stage, underglaze colors first, cover the piece in wax, cut the lines with a needle tool, fill in the line with black underglaze, clean off the surface (wax protects the colors).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Olj6yxjPU54&feature=youtu.be

13 hours ago, neilestrick said:

Thanks! It's a technique known as mishima. At the leather hard stage, underglaze colors first, cover the piece in wax, cut the lines with a needle tool, fill in the line with black underglaze, clean off the surface (wax protects the colors).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Olj6yxjPU54&feature=youtu.be

Awesome, looks fabulous! 

Archived