Loading square shelves

Smokey2

My little Olympic SQ169HE uses 15" square shelves.  So far I have 5 each of bisque and glaze firings

When I first installed the kiln I was advised by Olympic to use one post on each corner (4 total)

Today while loading the kiln I noticed that one of the shelves doesn't lay flat. Now I'm wondering if 3 would have been better.

Any thoughts?

5 minutes ago, Smokey2 said:

Oops, Sorry Neil.

I'd blame it on auto correct but that wouldn't be true. Honestly I just came back to correct myself but you are to quick in catching my error

No problem, just teasing you! I actually get Nick all the time in email. I think it's confusion with my last name. What's funny is that it never happened until I moved to the midwest, and now it happens all the time. Like 30% of people I meet for the first time call me Nick or Eric.

On 12/6/2020 at 9:35 AM, Sorcery said:

Just keep the pattern the same.

To be clear, my kiln is a top loader and if I place two posts in the front and one in the back and as long as I keep the posts aligned top to bottom, it shouldn't be a problem if I inadvertently rotate a shelf 90°.

21 minutes ago, Smokey2 said:

To be clear, my kiln is a top loader and if I place two posts in the front and one in the back and as long as I keep the posts aligned top to bottom, it shouldn't be a problem if I inadvertently rotate a shelf 90°.

Yep, just keep the posts aligned. 

Archived