Slow glaze vs slow bisque

Apparently I programed my L&L to run a 04 slow glaze load rather than a 04 slow bisque load.  I did run a 3 hour preheat just to make certain some larger pieces (stoneware) were all the way dry.  I went out to check on the kiln just now and realized my mistake since the load is completed!    Will this have any ill effects?  04 is 04, right???  :(

Roberta

52 minutes ago, Roberta12 said:

Apparently I programed my L&L to run a 04 slow glaze load rather than a 04 slow bisque load.  I did run a 3 hour preheat just to make certain some larger pieces (stoneware) were all the way dry.  I went out to check on the kiln just now and realized my mistake since the load is completed!    Will this have any ill effects?  04 is 04, right???  :(

Roberta

If it's not a red or buff clay youll prolly be fine

2 hours ago, Roberta12 said:

Will this have any ill effects?  04 is 04, right???  

The good news is your automatic control knows how to reach cone 04 at most any speed so you very likely should have similar results. Think of as if you fired some very heavy sculpture and were being cautious to evenly fire it. The last 200-250 degrees fired regular cone speed  by design so likely not to worry

How about glazing a few pieces before doing the custom one and see how they come out? You could re bisque the custom piece if there are issues with the test ones. When I used RSMC I used the fast bisque setting and didn't have problems with pinholes or bloats so you could be just fine.

18 hours ago, Min said:

How about glazing a few pieces before doing the custom one and see how they come out? You could re bisque the custom piece if there are issues with the test ones. When I used RSMC I used the fast bisque setting and didn't have problems with pinholes or bloats so you could be just fine.

Oooooo not enough time, it's on a deadline.  I had to just go for it.  RSMC seems to be pretty good.  The kiln is cooling now, I will let you know.  Oh yeah, and one of the relays pooped out on me yesterday too.  Delayed things a bit while I replaced that.  Thank goodness for spare parts.

Archived