Plant Markers - At a Loss for Firing

Oh, I thought it was such a cool idea at the time...

I have gone and made plant markers. One side is the plant name, the other side is sgraffito of the plant.  They have a rectangle face with a triangular stake. I did it without thinking them through and now I’m totally at a loss for how I’m going to like, fire them with glaze, haha. Any suggestions? I’d at least like the faces of the rectangles to be glazed. But Ive tried thinking of all sorts of configurations like balancing them on my jewelry racks while holding them in place somehow or even hand building a custom rack for them where i dont glaze the stake part and drop the stake into a holder or something. Woof....
This studio does have a variety of stilts and such.

Creative kiln masters please help me out!

Edit: I have just remembered that tile holders are things that exist. I am wondering if I should order some just for the plant markers. I'd be ok with waxing a good chunk of the edge of the face that is just words and not sgraffito'd

https://imgur.com/FiKLB1G

Make slots in soft kiln brick ,tapered, glaze rectangles and fit the plan labels ito slots.

You could get quite a number in one ortwo bricks. Don't know size of labels but could slice brick in half horizontally depending ondepth needed to stabikize the plant marker.

What cone are you going to? 

Archived