Do any one know Yohem Tenmoku bowls Galze Technique and Recipe?

Mickeypotter

1 hour ago, liambesaw said:

John Britt has said before that the modern version is an oilspot of some kind.  The original three bowls no one knows for sure. A high magnetite clay and clay body is what they've deduced after studying them.

who is the "they" that studied these bowls?   There is more happening than just iron crystallization. 

LT

By the way...If anyone is interested in surface imaging and elemental analysis using a SEM (Scanning Electron Microscope) on your glaze or clay body please PM me. I own one.   I don't have access to the article but I believe a SEM with X-ray (EDS) was used in the investigation.  Cheers

Hulk you are correct, startup, wait till vac pumps down to at least  10^-4 torr (about 1 hr).  I have not yet imaged ceramic samples but I have a  diamond chop saw  and gold /carbon sputter coater which should do the trick.  I do not have polishing supplies yet, maybe rough images will suffice for the users on this forum.   But polishing discs are cheap, and it is necessary for quantitative elemental analysis.   I am 2.5 hrs from los osos....nice spot.

Archived