Workshop on Soluble Salts at La Meridiana May 31-June 6, 2020

I am teaching a workshop on soluble salts in low temperature saggers at La Meridiana next May 31-June 6, 2020.

https://lameridiana.fi.it/product/23-2020-marcia-selsor-soluble-salts-in-low-fire-saggars/

We'll be covering several firing processes using ceramic sagger and foil sagger because it protects the kilns from contamination. I sometimes fire without saggers in my own kilns. Here are some examples of soluble salts in low temperatures. We will explore color development and using protective gloves. The course is limited to intermediate and advanced students with some ceramic chemistry knowledge. Course size is limited to 12 and is 25% booked already. If interested, please register soon to guarantee a spot. My 2 workshops in the UK are sold out already.

Marcia

Aug22copy.jpg

Aug22tabbefull copy.jpg

• 1 month later...
20 hours ago, Marcia Selsor said:

It snowed yesterday. 

Marcia

Snow?  Can't imagine living with snow.  Just been on hols in middle England, wore a dress and sandals every day, and for evening walk to the local pub/restaurant for dinner.

On 8/24/2019 at 12:06 PM, Marcia Selsor said:

I am teaching a workshop on soluble salts in low temperature saggers at La Meridiana next May 31-June 6, 2020.

https://lameridiana.fi.it/product/23-2020-marcia-selsor-soluble-salts-in-low-fire-saggars/

We'll be covering several firing processes using ceramic sagger and foil sagger because it protects the kilns from contamination. I sometimes fire without saggers in my own kilns. Here are some examples of soluble salts in low temperatures. We will explore color development and using protective gloves. The course is limited to intermediate and advanced students with some ceramic chemistry knowledge. Course size is limited to 12 and is 25% booked already. If interested, please register soon to guarantee a spot. My 2 workshops in the UK are sold out already.

Marcia

Aug22copy.jpg

Aug22tabbefull copy.jpg

Are the dark haloes on some of the pots (esp.the green at the bottom) produced in a similar manner as the high temperature haloes on Gary Holt's work with southern ice?

On 10/3/2019 at 7:22 PM, terrim8 said:

Are the dark haloes on some of the pots (esp.the green at the bottom) produced in a similar manner as the high temperature haloes on Gary Holt's work with southern ice?

I am not familiar with Gary Holt.s work. The haloes are from salt migrations.

7 minutes ago, Marcia Selsor said:

Mark, I answered this days ago. Must not have saved it correctly. I got the shelves from Cedar heights Clay. They had a cancellation on a big order a few years ago.

Marcia

7 minutes ago, Marcia Selsor said:

On 10/4/2019 at 11:07 PM, Mark C. said:

Tell me aboub that shelve with the holes in it?? what temps does it take and wheres it from? what size is it as well?

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Archived