44th annual show for me next weekend

Well next weekend is my favorite show of my year.The North Country Fair in Arcata Ca. It's my local show that I have done for 44 years now. This show is abast to do with parades on each day-the all species parade on Sat and the Samba parade on Sun.I have a following to say the least . I see all my friends at this show.

I'm a Board member and just made a trophy/vase for one of our founders who is retied from our board.

We are called the Same old people-hence the SOP-I also made hims ceramic pin to wear.

its surprise and will be presented on stage  to him  as he is reading some of his poetry at the fair.

This is my saturated iron red glaze.

IMG_0253.jpg

IMG_0254.jpg

Wow--that's a lot of people! A wonder your pots don't get vibrated off the shelves LOL. Looks like a lot of fun. A good parade is such a treat-such cheerful energy and spirit when a community comes together for big events like this-hope you have a great show.

This fair is packed for two days-my booth is on a corner past 40 years-some of this video is shot from my booth(all business stops during the parades)-Very high energy .

Just another reason its my favorite show.

This show is a one of a kind deal-people from all over the state come for this show. About 1/2 our vendors are from other states as well.

10 food booths as well. All hand made strictly juried products.Local  art does have some priority.

You have missed something by not going to this event once in ones life.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived