Wiggle wire

I am a newbie.... and was very interested in using a wiggle wire to decorate with... does anyone have any idea where to get one? My teacher uses a cheese slicer that has a wiggle wire... but the place she got it went out of business... Any idea where I can get one....thanks, in advance

Brackers has them..... brackers.com or 888 822 1962

Hi

last year I was addicted to 'wiggle wire' and the mass of patterns I could create. Now they can be bought at ceramic supply stores, but its fun to collect springs of all sizes (tiny ones from pens, up to 1/2" diam from hardware) and stretch them out yourself.

The cheese slicerpost-6239-132797317587_thumb.jpgs are available from all good kitchen shops but are very expensive ($20-50) Australian. And it seems crazy to 'wreck' an object you've paid that much for.

I've collected 10-12 from what we call 'opportunity shops' second hand charity shops. I've paid under a dollar for each one.

they are easy to insert a new 'wiggle wire' into, just undo 2 screws.

Have fun. thought I'd upload some of my tea sets I made based on wiggle wire surfaces

cheers, Lyn

post-6239-132797317587_thumb.jpg

Hi

last year I was addicted to 'wiggle wire' and the mass of patterns I could create. Now they can be bought at ceramic supply stores, but its fun to collect springs of all sizes (tiny ones from pens, up to 1/2" diam from hardware) and stretch them out yourself.

The cheese slicerpost-6239-132797317587_thumb.jpgs are available from all good kitchen shops but are very expensive ($20-50) Australian. And it seems crazy to 'wreck' an object you've paid that much for.

I've collected 10-12 from what we call 'opportunity shops' second hand charity shops. I've paid under a dollar for each one.

Have fun. thought I'd upload some of my tea sets I made based on wiggle wire surfaces

cheers, Lyn

Lynnie - your teasets are beautiful

Hi

cheers, Lyn

Fab tea sets!! You should be really proud of those babies!!! Trina

In addition to stretching out springs, you can also make your own wiggle wire. I make mine by taking common 16 gauge galvanized wire, winding it around a nail and stretching it out and adding wood dowel or wine cork handles. You can vary the diameter of the object you wind around, the thickness of the wire, skip up some while winding to make some gaps in the spiral, or come up with your own new idea. You just have to watch the thickness of the bottom of the pot based on how thick your spiral is to keep from cutting through the bottom.

Then there is the whole wiggle wire thing on vertical surfaces...or cutting slabs in two...or....you get the idea; lots of things to try.

John

Archived