"Designing Creative Surfaces in Ceramics"

Love surface techniques and color and design so this would be perfect.

And if I only knew A LOT more another one:

"The Idiots Guide to Kilns": a manual for how to use, care and repair your electric kiln for the common potter

T

Benz: a teachers guide to teaching clay.

Callie: a best seller no doubt.

Marcia: a high temp peeker confessional.

Paul: punny title.

Guest moderator observations: While some posted titles about work space or specific techniques: the vast majority of titles focused on the personal journey. This again proves that art involves a personal connection not only with the subject; but with the medium as well. There is an intimacy with the clay that makes it personal, which results in an emotional attachment. Everyone has their own personal story, journey, and history with clay. If you were just a potter; then there would be no emotional attachment. If you were just a thrower, you would not feel the clay. If you were just producing wares; then there would be no joy or sorrow when you opened the kiln. .....so by a simple title, I leaned a lot about the artists among us.

Thanks to those who participated, and I did notice that Evelyne did not post a title.

Nerd

The book I'd write would be something like "The ABCs of Making Primitive Pottery".

For books I'd like written, it be a "Comprehensive encyclopedia of European ceramic Trade Items from 1500 - 1750". That should do it!!! :)

Books that are close, are " If These pots Could Talk"

German Stoneware Pottery by Gaimster

Pre-Industrial Utensils

Plus others.

See ya,

Alabama

Archived