Runny "fern" Glaze?

There is a potter by the name of Mark Hudak on etsy that has one of the most beautiful glaze effects I have ever seen. It's a runny earthy green-brown translucent glaze that he calls Fern, and I don't recall seeing anything like it anywhere else.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/184456532/pottery-mug-handmade-cranberry-red-and (have a look at some of his other pieces, too - that same fern glaze with purple and cream about made my heart stop :D )

Have any of you run across anything similar in your glaze work? Obviously I'd not be able to replicate his work, nor would I try, but I'd love it if anyone could point me in any positive direction at all for things to experiment with.

Fake Ash Glaze Recipe Cone 6, reduction

Bone Ash 5%

Dolomite 25%

Lithium Carbonate 2%

Strontium Carbonate 9%

Frit 3134 (Ferro) 10%

Kentucky Ball Clay (OM 4) 24%

Cedar Heights Redart 23%

Silica (Flint) 2%

Total 100%

This is a beautifully variegated fake ash cone 6 glaze. It is a brighter yellow on porcelain with hints of green where thicker, and terra cotta-colored where thin. It is not stable because it is low in silica, but to alter it would change the ash effect. While it does not meet strict requirements of stability, I use it anyway because I substituted strontium for barium.

That is from CAD..."Ten Tried and True Cone 6 Glaze Recipes Available for Download!

By Diana Pancioli, June 8, 2009"

Notice she says it is not overly "stable" so that could be the runny bit.

Archived