Potters Council Advisory Board Meeting Last Night

Guest JBaymore

Guest JBaymore

Just a little FYI here .......... to keep you a little aware of the behind the scenes work that goes on.

Last night (10/16/13) the Potters Council Advisory Board met in a hour and fourty five minute tele-conference meeting.  Keeping the organization moving along.

best,

......................john

Just a little FYI here .......... to keep you a little aware of the behind the scenes work that goes on.

Last night (10/16/13) the Potters Council Advisory Board met in a hour and fourty five minute tele-conference meeting. Keeping the organization moving along.

best,

......................john

so what is happening with the president's position since Edwardo has stepped down?

new by-laws being followed? please elaborate on the "moving on" because that doesn't cover much.The conference call meetings have often go that long. Could you share the topics discussed. Most of all who is the new President?

Marcia

PC charter member and a former presidant's of the board.

Guest JBaymore

Whew....... for a while there I just wasn't feeling like myself.  ;)

My intent in posting something here about the PC Board meeting was not to give an update on exactly what is happeneing in those meetings.  It was just to serve to remind members that the Board is there and is working.

It is not really my place to make any "public announcements" here on things that have not yet been "approved for distribution"...... I am simply now "the Past".  I am sure that there will be some "official information" forthcoming on a number of things soon. 

I think I can say here that we are on top of the situation on the officers and there is a plan that preserves the important intent behind the recent changes to how the association's officers rotate from Chair Elect, to Chair, to Past Chair.

best,

.......................john

Guest JBaymore

Marcia,

Eduardo was really ill. He is recovering.... but slowly.  The last thing he needed was to worry about anything to do with Potters Council.  Priorities.

best,

...................john

Hi All,

An official announcement to the membership will be made shortly via email and Potters Pages but I see no harm in letting the hat out of the bag here. The Exec Board recommended to the Full board that under the circumstances of Eduardo having to resign and the time of the year, I would remain as Chair, John would remain as Past Chair, and Kevin Crowe who was the second candidate will be elevated to Chair Elect. This will take place immediately and continue through 2014. New elections will take place for 2015 where Kevin will assume the Chair, and I will be Past Chair. This was approved and will become effective. Stay tuned. 

Steven

• 3 weeks later...

During my second term as past President in a fourth year on the board, I was serving without voting statute because the three year term expired, but the past President slot needed to be filled. I found it to be disenfranchising.

How do the current By-laws address this issue? I hope this has been addressed in the changes.

Marcia

Archived