#21 Diane Puckett

Diane Puckett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:16 PM

I'll bet if you had little jars of honey available from a local beekeeper and offered the honey and pot as a set, they would sell like hotcakes.
Diane Puckett
Dry Ridge Pottery

#22 Pres

Pres

Retired Art Teacher

• Moderators
  • 2,124 posts
  • LocationCentral, PA

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:31 PM

I'll bet if you had little jars of honey available from a local beekeeper and offered the honey and pot as a set, they would sell like hotcakes.

I find it easier anymore to sell to bee keepers. They do what you say, and I don't have to do shows.

Simply retired teacher, not dead, living the dream. on and on and. . . . on. . . .                                                                                 http://picworkspottery.blogspot.com/

#23 Benzine

Benzine

Socratic Potter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,792 posts
  • LocationThe Hawkeye State

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:26 PM

Speaking of hot items, I just saw an infomercial for the "Stonewave". It's basically a stoneware onion soup bowl, with a lid.
"Anything worth believing, is worth questioning"

#24 Pres

Pres

Retired Art Teacher

• Moderators
  • 2,124 posts
  • LocationCentral, PA

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:24 PM

Speaking of hot items, I just saw an infomercial for the "Stonewave". It's basically a stoneware onion soup bowl, with a lid.

I used to make these ramekin style dishes years ago with handles on them to lift in and out of the oven, and to handle when eating the soup. Traditionally ramekins were for onion soup and often for creme brulle.

Simply retired teacher, not dead, living the dream. on and on and. . . . on. . . .                                                                                 http://picworkspottery.blogspot.com/

#25 Benzine

Benzine

Socratic Potter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,792 posts
  • LocationThe Hawkeye State

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:56 PM

I used to make these ramekin style dishes years ago with handles on them to lift in and out of the oven, and to handle when eating the soup. Traditionally ramekins were for onion soup and often for creme brulle.

I forgot to mention, that these were being marketed as for being primarily used in the microwave. Cooking eggs (Good lord does that make a smell), cakes, everything.
"Anything worth believing, is worth questioning"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users