Looking for advice in a wheel purchase

I am in the Daytona beach area for winters and want to purchase a wheel for use down here.  Being an hour away from Laguna Clay Co.  I'm seriously considering one of their wheels, preferably the 1 hp.  They manufacture an Axner M700 for1,057 or the Pacifica GT 800, same price..  Any opinion on either?

Another local distributor carries the Shimpo RK whisper   And Shimpo VL whisper , both 1/2 hp   

First, I like the power of a 1ph wheel. The Axner wheel has issues with the splash pan cracking, plus they have these 2 holes in the bottom of them that I don't see the necessity of. I would choose the Pacifica GT800 over the Axner wheel.

That said, I am a huge Bailey's fan. I think they will give you the biggest bang for your buck. The equipment is great, holds up over the long haul, and they really consider the person using it. If you can swing it, I'd get the Bailey Pro or Pro XL wheel. They have power and I love the solid splash pan design. I have 3 Bailey wheels and they are incredible! In 10 years, I've only had to replace the belts (which wear with normal use)  and a rubber pad on a foot pedal.  I make a lot of pots. I am not gentle. They also have superior customer service. Just a great company with great products. And no, I am not being paid to endorse them. Here is the ProXL:  https://www.baileypottery.com/Bailey-Pottery/Product-Details/ BAILEY-PRO-XL-M600001 Right now they have free freight, free tools and a free counter with it too.

16 minutes ago, Frankiegirl said:

First, I like the power of a 1ph wheel. The Axner wheel has issues with the splash pan cracking, plus they have these 2 holes in the bottom of them that I don't see the necessity of. I would choose the Pacifica GT800 over the Axner wheel.

That said, I am a huge Bailey's fan. I think they will give you the biggest bang for your buck. The equipment is great, holds up over the long haul, and they really consider the person using it. If you can swing it, I'd get the Bailey Pro or Pro XL wheel. They have power and I love the solid splash pan design. I have 3 Bailey wheels and they are incredible! In 10 years, I've only had to replace the belts (which wear with normal use)  and a rubber pad on a foot pedal.  I make a lot of pots. I am not gentle. They also have superior customer service. Just a great company with great products. And no, I am not being paid to endorse them. Here is the ProXL:  https://www.baileypottery.com/Bailey-Pottery/Product-Details/ BAILEY-PRO-XL-M600001 Right now they have free freight, free tools and a free counter with it too.

Thanks!  I've heard others recommend their wheels.  I have a Brent Cxc at home in PA., which  is priced around the bailey, and I like that a lot.  I will need to do some more thinking and more research.  It would be great if a good used wheel at a good price would land in my lap. Lol.  Wishes!

listen to the wheel you will buy before you pay for it.  some are very noisy but others are quiet so you can have a conversation in the same room without shouting.   bailey would be my choice, all the things they make are very high quality.    

I have 11 TS/Skutt wheels in my studio. They are on the noisier end of the spectrum, but we run all 11 of them, with the radio on, and can still have conversations without yelling. IMO, the noise level of a wheel isn't an issue unless it's a really loud squeaking or grinding sound, which means the wheel needs to be repaired.:P 

Archived