Unknown kiln make need rewiring

Fluter

Hi, I hope someone can give me advise. I was given an old kiln.  But all the wires were cut off at the back of the kiln and from inside the controller. The plaque with the make and model is also missing. My dad is an electrician and used to service my mom's kiln years ago, but need a wiring diagram to see how the wires should be connected.  Any ideas ?

cut wires at back.JPG

front.jpg

inside.jpg

controller (1).JPG

The bricks appear to be in almost perfect condition. Is it British? I would ask local dealers about the kiln. They may know the brand.

Sincerely,

Arnold Howard

Paragon Industries, L.P., Mesquite, Texas USA / ahoward@paragonweb.com / www.paragonweb.com

Hi Arnold, yes it does look like it was never used. I am in South Africa, but have no idea where the kiln might have come from. An acquaintance bought industrial printing equipment at an auction and for some reason the kiln was part of the sale lot. I am in a remote part of the country with no kiln repairs services around, so any advice will be appreciated. 

I really wonder if it was for Ceramic work, Looking at the element situation I don't feel that it would reach much in the way of temp. Another feature of question is the flue and the front port. Both if these are larger than that needed for ceramic. After hearing about the print equipment, I wonder if it was to melt down lead or other materials to pour letter stamp or such in a crucible inserted in through the front opening, or is it used for mold burnout?

Just thinking, but I may be wrong.

best,

Pres

Reduction kilns are NOT electric as that wears out the elements fast.I agree with Pres on the burnout or lead melting kiln .That makes the most sense with the larger vents front and top-maybe from  old typesetting lead based printing outfit.

Hi Fred, yes there are letters RKC which did not mean much to me at first. But someone googled it and it turned out to be a Japanese manufacturer of temp controllers! I have just send them an e-mail. So maybe they will have more info for me.

Thanks Fluter

Archived