Slow Bisque Instead Of Slow Glaze Mistake

Help!  Last night I thought I started a slow glaze to ^5 in my LL e28s, but discovered this morning I had actually hit slow bisque instead.  And yes, I had reviewed the  program before I ran it - but still missed my mistake.  After 8 hours it was at 1080F, and I couldn't find any info on what to do about it so I turned it off.  Can I save this load?  Anyone else ever done this?  

Thanks!

irene, if you check your manual or call L&L, you might put your fears at rest.  i think the difference is not in temperature, you set it to cone 5.  it is in the speed of firing, i believe.  the amount of heat and speed from one temperature to another.

I hadn't thought of that, but it does make perfect sense.  I emailed LL but haven't heard back from them yet.   And while I looked in the manual,  ( which is huge ),  in my semi panic-ed state I couldn't find anything helpful.

I was mostly afraid that the glazes would run as they do in an overfire -  that the extra time  would cause the glaze to react like it would to too much heat.  I had some Standard Ceramic glazes do that when the kiln got to ^7 instead of ^6.  Well actually at ^6 too.

In about 250 degrees I'll be able to see how it went.   Thanks for your thoughts, and nice to hear from another oldlady :rolleyes: !

irene, i think most of us here have learned to CALL ON THE TELEPHONE AND TALK TO A LIVE PERSON  instead of sending a tiny, easily overlooked email.  any business can put those aside and never look at them because they are running a business and need to take care of what is happening NOW.  someone has to answer a phone and going to the source, the manufacturer, is best when the question is about that particular product.  

i have that same manual and yes, it is in a 2 inch 3 ring binder with all kinds of stuff you will probably never need to know.

I  contacted L&L because, being an inexperienced newbie, I had no idea what to do when I realized I had run bisque instead of glaze.

I did try to restart the kiln in slow glaze, but it didn't respond.   

So I  tried searching for info online and in my kiln manual and by doing a Forum search here.  No dice.  Also put in a call to someone on the west coast, but that's a few time zones away and it was 7 AM here. So I contacted L&L customer service by email, as I've done before with surprisingly fast, and good results. Fortunately I had initiated contact with this Forum last week and when I tried to post about my new problem it was accepted. Phew!   And lots of great potters offered help.  Crisis solved.  Thank you thank you all!!

Now I'm going to post some other questions I have. :D 

Archived