How Fast Can I Run This Load?

I had elements poop out on me while running a bisque, the load probably only made 06, I had cones in for 05 and 04, what I was heading for.  Thank the kiln God I had the cones in. And that it was a bisque, not a glaze!  Replaced the elements today.  I know I need to refire the bisque load, but can I fire it faster that the slow bisque I normally use?  How fast can the first 2 ramps go?

Can I fire it tomorrow, or do I need to do an empty firing first with the new elements?

This is NOT what I want to be doing right now,  was hoping to get through the next 2 firings before replacing elements.  Really busy right now.

As I fire my bisque to 06, I believe that as Mark said wash them down with damp sponge to put a bit of water in the pieces to keep them from absorbing too much glaze. I always wash anyway, as I often have pots from different bisque loads going in glaze loads so they may sit and get dusty.

Just spray them witb a mister before glazing and it will do the same thing as a hotter bisque-which is make less glaze adhere to bosque.

You can run them again but its really a waste of juice.

I cannot help with ramp cycles as my electric one just dials a knob for how many hours to full on-not a computer board its a Fire Right controller.

For your already fired load I would dail 3-4 hours and let it fly

Mark

Archived