Albany Slip-no more hoarding

I finally  decided after 40 + years to use up my 100#s of albany slip in glazes. Right noew I'm making a cone 10 glaze which is albany and cornwall stone (the old stuff) and a touch of iron (high purity) to make a glaze I called albany cornwall in the 70s. Its a pottters glaze but I like it. Yet to sell any to the public but soon it will filter into the outlets

Edited by Mark C.

On 7/27/2024 at 4:42 AM, Mark C. said:

I finally  decided after 40 + years to use up my 100#s of albany slip in glazes. Right noew I'm making a cone 10 glaze which is albany and cornwall stone (the old stuff) and a touch of iron (high purity) to make a glaze I called albany cornwall in the 70s. Its a pottters glaze but I like it. Yet to sell any to the public but soon it will filter into the outlets

Please give us some images, drooling already!!

Here are the latest from yesterdays kiln loads -all on porcelain. The overglaze highlights are honey luister glaze and rutile wash also som,e Billy Joes white squirted on with ear syringe

platter is about 15 inches long. press mold slab . Mugs are 12-14 oz. Tumblers are pints. french butter dish. The albany in mixed with cornwall stone (the real stuff) and a touch of Iron and some whiting for a glaze called Albany Cornwall

fired in redution to  soft cone 11

image.jpeg.3276b769803374f0033ecc5e82267b82.jpegimage.jpeg.8c2a2eabd74fcf59c2e0d8d7030159d8.jpegimage.jpeg.d10a3c5ace60d715609aa10757c44cce.jpegimage.jpeg.530a8cb50ed8031652e5e341a67a4a80.jpeg