Potters who are to longer with us-Glaze recipes live on

So I am testing some new liner glazes today to look for one to replace my go to I have used for 40+ years. I opened my glaze book and found one TRJ emailed back in the day from this site, also wishing me a Merry Christmas . For those that do not recall him he was another professional full timer like me from Canada. After a few years of back and forth  emails we were going to meet at an upcoming NCECA but alas he got sick and passed away. His posts live on here just like mine will when I'm gone. He shared info freely as many do on this site. I mixed up his liner cone 10 reduction glaze  today and will test it in coming week. It was good today thinking about a man I never met and what may have been. Now I may be using his liner glaze on a zillon pots if I like it. Thanks  TOM akaTRJ

On that note I did meet another Potter last week at a Crafts Fair in Saint Louis and we did a mug exchange . I was there twofold to visit with my wifes sister who moved 1 hour south of STL  last year. Also we drove south 3 hours to see the eclipse which was fabulous with clear skies our second one in  the past 7 years. It was a joy to meet another potter from this site and share stories and ideas.I had my  coffee in his copper red mug this morning.Its a small planet really.

The sharing that goes on here is even more valuable than I had realized.  I am the lucky pottery who met up with Mark in St. Louis a week ago.  I knew I had absorbed a lot of his tricks of the trade from this site, but I did not fully realize how much.  As we talked for an hour or two in my booth, almost every aspect of my pottery has some mark of his influence.  From the way I wax my pots to the design of my display shelves - Mark's influence and generosity are  everywhere.  Helpful potters like Mark and Neil E. deserve a lot more credit than they get.