Finding dipping glazes... Help!

Naaie

Hello potters!

I am having a hard time finding dry glazes... Maybe I'm not looking for the right thing, but I am not ready to mix my own recipes yet, so I am looking for dry glazes and I am having a hard time finding what I want... most of the time it comes in pints... I just want a few colors and some clear glaze :-)

Firing at cone 6, can you recommend websites where I can buy dry glazes? 

Thank you!

Nathalie

Pottery Supply House in Ontario carries ^6 dry dipping glazes. The dry are sold in 10kg bags but it looks like they have smaller versions of the same glazes in a brushing version. I wouldn't buy the large (expensive) bags of dry without testing the equivalent less expensive smaller size of the brushing glaze to see if they work with your clay.https://psh.ca/collections/psh-cone-6-dry-glaze-dipping

SIAL is in Laval, which isn’t too far from you. They have dry glazes from Mayco and Tuckers listed on their website, as well as a clear from Laguna. They carry Plainsman clay, so it might be possible to special order any of those dry base glazes and add stains or oxides to colour them. 

15 minutes ago, Min said:

Pottery Supply House in Ontario carries ^6 dry dipping glazes. The dry are sold in 10kg bags but it looks like they have smaller versions of the same glazes in a brushing version. I wouldn't buy the large (expensive) bags of dry without testing the equivalent less expensive smaller size of the brushing glaze to see if they work with your clay.https://psh.ca/collections/psh-cone-6-dry-glaze-dipping

Yep. Already tested the brushing glazes so I guess I will ask if they have the "dry" version somewhere :-)

• 2 weeks later...