Pole to hang lights inside a canopy.

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know where I can get a bar/ pole to hang up lights or a curtain inside a canopy? 

I found this one, but it doesn't have hooks on the sides. It has holes instead: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1430637-REG/impact_bg_cb13b_hd_13_crossbar_black.html/?ap=y&smp=ba_f1_lar&lsft=BI%3A514&gclid=Cj0KCQjw3a2iBhCFARIsAD4jQB27MgQMfVTYnfMqo6QDCggNJV-vtjKSfC0wdMTChgE9AEQB4pauTSQaAp3KEALw_wcB

I spent so much time trying to find one, with no success. 

Thank you!

Lucia

p.s.: @GEPWhere did you buy yours, and what are they called? Thank you so much! And thank you for your super helpful blog articles.

I use telescoping crossbars similar to the ones you linked to. I bought them from a photo supply website too.

The hooks on the ends are conduit straps, which I spray painted black, then attached them to the ends of the crossbars with some heavy duty wire.

https://www.amazon.com/Morris-19405-Pipe-Strap-Steel/dp/B00VNJQLT6

1 minute ago, GEP said:

I use telescoping crossbars similar to the ones you linked to. I bought them from a photo supply website too.

The hooks on the ends are conduit straps, which I spray painted black, then attached them to the ends of the crossbars with some heavy duty wire.

https://www.amazon.com/Morris-19405-Pipe-Strap-Steel/dp/B00VNJQLT6

That's brilliant! Thank you very much!

Lucia

How mechanically inclined are you, Lucia? You could get a length of 1/2" black pipe at a big box or hardware store, have it cut to the length you need and threaded on the fresh cut end. Then you could thread elbows on each end, get additional pipe cut to height and threaded to fit the elbows at one end and flanges at the bottom end to mount to some sort of base or the floor itself. Then you could use shower curtain rings to hang your curtain or lights. You could paint it all to match your decor...

Edited by JohnnyK
Clarification

1 hour ago, JohnnyK said:

How mechanically inclined are you, Lucia? You could get a length of 1/2" black pipe at a big box or hardware store, have it cut to the length you need and threaded on the fresh cut end. Then you could thread elbows on each end, get additional pipe cut to height and threaded to fit the elbows at one end and flanges at the bottom end to mount to some sort of base or the floor itself. Then you could use shower curtain rings to hang your curtain or lights. You could paint it all to match your decor...

Thanks for the advice. I am terribly not mechanically inclined, but I hope to get better.

23 hours ago, JohnnyK said:

This suggestion is more for a kinda permanent installation, not, by any means, portable...

On 4/30/2023 at 11:52 AM, Lucia Matos said:

Hi Neil,

It is a Light Dome. I got it because I can set it up by myself and it is sturdy.

On another note, I love the underglaze transfer pieces you are posting on Instagram!

Light Dome makes light poles that span the top of the canopy. Go to their page HERE and look at the menu on the left.

And thank you for the kind words!

On 5/1/2023 at 6:53 AM, neilestrick said:

Light Dome makes light poles that span the top of the canopy. Go to their page HERE and look at the menu on the left.

And thank you for the kind words!

Thank you very much,  Neil! I just ordered it from them today!

Lucia