Kiln wash and black spots

Hi there, I'm just new here and completely new to ceramics as well. I just got an old electric duncan kiln and have been running it as purchased for a few firings now. The kiln shelves were pretty beat up and the wash had been flaking. As I'm starting to approach making things worth keeping :D i just redid the kiln wash by scraping off the ild with a wire brush and used PSH kiln wash. I decided to run just the shelves in the kiln a few days after the re-wash and they have started to show some dark spots. Are these of concern, did I do something wrong and what causes this. They kind look like mold spots, a greenish black.

20230425_090144.jpg

14 hours ago, yan6 said:

i just redid the kiln wash by scraping off the ild with a wire brush and used PSH kiln wash. I decided to run just the shelves in the kiln a few days after the re-wash and they have started to show some dark spots

Just asking, these have been fired several times and if yes to what temperature? Also curious about scraping off the lid. Did you kiln wash the underside of your lid?

10 minutes ago, Bill Kielb said:

Just asking, these have been fired several times and if yes to what temperature? Also curious about scraping off the lid. Did you kiln wash the underside of your lid?

I'm guessing "... ild ..." is old not lid? 

I didn't kiln wash the lid and it doesn't look as though it has been previously, should it be? To me I wouldn't make sense since it's soft fire brick. 

*edit: you must mean a topmost shelf that acts as a lid :D I'm short on shelves and don't really have one dedicated to this yet. Also all the shelves I inherited are half shelves 

The shelves had been fired previously to cone 6 a few times on my watch and presumably before I bought the kiln

I scraped them off as much as I could by hand before applying my new wash. After the wash I only fired the shelves to 1100degrees Celsius

Edited by yan6

Thanks, no don’t kiln wash your lid,  I just asked because with the typo in your post it appeared you might have. I asked  about the temperature of firing the shelves because if fired hot enough, those dots are likely not carbon. So since you fired to 1100c, those dots are probably not carbon or organics and may not go away with further firing.