QotW: What would your basic tool kit for glazing be?

Hi folks, again no new QotW in the pool so. . . .after last weeks QotW about handbuilding and throwing tool kits lets extend to Glazing.  What would your basic tool kit for glazing be?

I have been doing a lot of spray glazing of late, and will start off with a pair of dip tongs(for base coat dip glazing), compressor and spray gun. I use a simple one that uses standard quart jars that works really well for my purposes. I would also add a banding wheel, a bucket of water to clean out the sprayer between colors, and a small brush for brush work over glaze. Glazing for me also includes cleanup before loading into the kiln. Include here a potters sponge, a bunch of 1" sponge brushes, a bucket of clean water. I also wax bases of all of my pots before glazing so that would be with an electric skillet and paraffin. 

What would your glazing kit include?

best,

Pres

• Pres featured and pinned this topic

Add scale, dust mask (not a throwaway), graduated cylinder, Epsom salt and/or vinegar, several sizes of kitchen whisk (already mentioned, however, I have one chucked up in my lightweight portable drill - lighter than the 1/2" corded drill + grout mixer), long scraper to check for globs on bucket bottom and particularly the corners, screens/sieves, masking tape, razor blades and utility knife, wax emulsion, map gas torch, assortment of brushes, grout sponges, bucketS, small/purpose cut sponges, patience to wait for stuff to dry, more patience. 

Haven't been into tongs at all, might give it a go...

Looks like everyone has a pretty complete list,  the only thing I would add is a pair of disposable gloves.   When I was in college I had a reaction to a wash with copper carbonate in it.   I  took my gloves off to get some wash into a tight area.    I only got it on my fingers but my teeth went numb after a few minutes.   My professor asked me if I had been wearing gloves,  I told him I took them off for a few minutes.  He said now you know not to take your gloves off.   Denice

• Pres unpinned this topic