Drain sink to outside - Any enviro/health concerns?

Hey Folks,

I am considering draining a utility sink from my basement directly into a drainage ditch near my house.  I will not be putting any glaze or chemicals down this sink - just clay particles only from cleanup.  I just want to be double sure there are no negative side effects to the environment.  It is clay after all but thought I would check.  Any concerns of which I should be aware?

Thanks,

Josh

21 minutes ago, Mark C. said:

Wow a whole garden for weeds. We get enough in our vegetable garden no need for an extra garden

It's mostly ivy and blackberries, only things that'll grow in the shade!  I was hoping all of my "toxic" glaze schmoo would killem off. 

I take my clay sludge (no glaze chemicals)  from my clay settling system and pack it along the asphalt road in front of my house.   The road drops off to  a steep ditch,   the eight blocks of street is cracking and slipping down into the ditch except for the area where  I pack my clay  when the soil washes away.   I don't know if it legal or not but I don't think anyone would care,  we are at the edge of the city and the police don't even come out to our area   After we built here I called the city to see why I couldn't hear a tornado siren,   they told me I was in  dead zone.  (Very funny)  They didn't have a siren in my area  or many  other services.    I went out and bought a tornado weather alert system  and wondered why I had to pay city taxes.  Denice

Archived