Company

removing the young carolina wren was not hard.  it was so trusting that i just picked it up off the window seat and took it outside to a friendly bush.  it had flown inside and then knocked itself out trying to fly through the window.  poor thing thought i was its mother and opened wide for a treat.

Are those deer in your yard?  We have them across the street, they rarely cross the street.  I did have a tree killed by a deer one winter.  Denice

Yes, they are in our yard. In years past we've seen as many as 14 deer at one time in our backyard. They do a good job clearing the apples that fall from the trees.  There was another buck last night that let me get about 10-15 feet from it while I was taking pictures. I don't consider that a good thing, too many of these creatures are too comfortable around humans. I hear stories of people around here hand feeding deer.  

They can be a headache too, I have to take extra steps to keep them away from the vegetable garden. Then there is the problem with ticks that the deer can bring.

According to Penn State University there has been a population explosion of deer

In 1900 there were estimated to be only 500,000 white tailed deer in the continental United States. Today, however, this population is estimated to be over 15,000,000 individuals!

Link to Report

Archived