Airless Electric Spray Gun For Glazes?

Has anyone ever used an airless electric spray gun for ceramic glazes? And if so, what were the results.  I am currently using an airbrush and small compressor, but it is taking a very very long time to spray one piece.  Wondering if this spray gun might be faster..

is it the tiny Paasche D-500 with a 1/10 horsepower compressor?  is the airbrush the size of a fat pen?  is the container for glaze a 2 ounce bottle?

sell it to someone else and get a Critter spray gun or the E-Z sprayer and a real compressor if you really want to spray glazes.  do not get a small compressor, only 2-4 gallons.   that will burn up if you hold the trigger open too long.  look on craigslist for an 8 gallon or larger used one if you need to watch $ like i do.  a little practice will have you spraying glazes all the time. 

yes it is a small compressor 1/8 horsepower and the brush is a pasche H which does resemble a fat pen...(good description)..I would still use it for the detail and painting I do but am wondering if an airless electric would work for glazing.  I know the small compressor won't handle a larger sprayer. My son, who is in construction, says he has used one of the electric airless guns for painting a house, so I would think it could spray glaze if it can handle house paint.  This is my venture into spraying glazes, so I am pretty clueless.  Thanks for all the input.

i think the most important thing about starting to spray glazes is the way you would have to clean the container and gun holding the glaze.  i have had the complicated, many tiny parts that need constant washing and cleaning out sprayers.  those tiny parts get lost and will go down the drain faster than you can think.  you can keep them.  do not know anything about the one you are talking about.  try someone else's first.

the eze or critter is a simple method of transferring glaze from the jar to the pot.  cleanup is merely running water through the gun and rinsing off any residue stuck to the underside of the jar lid.  having 15 or so pint jars of various colors is handy.  you might need to file the sprayer tip to fit your needs but that is easy with an emery board.  the only problem i know of is the eze jars may be warped in shipping and will not fit the sprayer.  if you buy them from a dealer you can check each one before taking it home.

Archived