How's The Weather?

wind chills of around -45 here.  That is with -17 food the actual temperature.  My fingers are stiff from working in the basement with cold water. 

My studio is in the basement as well.  We have radiator heat, so there is heat down there, via the pipes on the ceiling.  However, most the heat doesn't radiate that far from the ceiling, and just goes right up through the floor, I blame physic.  My new favorite outfit in there is a comfy pair of shoes and jeans, with a nice thick wool sweater...Oh and a baseball cap.  The wool is key.  It's warm, and as a bonus repels water pretty well.

don't your arms get gross when throwing? I have to wear short sleeves when working on the wheel. The hat is a good idea though. I should also consider a sweater vest that I don't mind getting full of clay. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wind chills of around -45 here.  That is with -17 food the actual temperature.  My fingers are stiff from working in the basement with cold water. 

My studio is in the basement as well.  We have radiator heat, so there is heat down there, via the pipes on the ceiling.  However, most the heat doesn't radiate that far from the ceiling, and just goes right up through the floor, I blame physic.  My new favorite outfit in there is a comfy pair of shoes and jeans, with a nice thick wool sweater...Oh and a baseball cap.  The wool is key.  It's warm, and as a bonus repels water pretty well.

don't your arms get gross when throwing? I have to wear short sleeves when working on the wheel. The hat is a good idea though. I should also consider a sweater vest that I don't mind getting full of clay. 

Oh I roll the sleeve up to the elbow or so.  However, generally my forearms don't get terribly dirty.  Usually it is just a bit on the underside of my wrist,

Oh I roll the sleeve up to the elbow or so.  However, generally my forearms don't get terribly dirty.  Usually it is just a bit on the underside of my wrist,

I get slop all the way up to my elbows-! 

It is not the Canadian way to brag, but here goes;

It's been minus 35 C for more than three weeks. People are driving like they are in the "Road Warrior." Wrecked cars all over the place and smashed traffic lights.

One of my studio doors is frozen solid. I managed to get inside the other one, but the the door re-sealed itself. Had to call my wife at work to call my sons at home to whale on the door to get me out. Took a hammer to the edge of the door which is encrusted with ice.

The studio is so warm, that when the warm air hits that tiny cold gap, it freezes instantly.

Now I am scared to go out there in case nobody finds me until spring. I could lose a bit of weight, though.

TJR.

It is not the Canadian way to brag, but here goes;

It's been minus 35 C for more than three weeks. People are driving like they are in the "Road Warrior." Wrecked cars all over the place and smashed traffic lights.

One of my studio doors is frozen solid. I managed to get inside the other one, but the the door re-sealed itself. Had to call my wife at work to call my sons at home to whale on the door to get me out. Took a hammer to the edge of the door which is encrusted with ice.

The studio is so warm, that when the warm air hits that tiny cold gap, it freezes instantly.

Now I am scared to go out there in case nobody finds me until spring. I could lose a bit of weight, though.

TJR.

Take care TJR, have you got a blow torch or the likes in there, one way of getting out of going to school, and you may get a few pots done!

Any forecasts of how long this cold is going to last? "whale on the door"? What is that?? Mass of weight?

TJR-thats not a climate thats a wrath

I can see the headlines-potter found in early spring in studio-mummified from the winter freeze

His wife and kids did not notice him missing for months and had bought a massive life insurance policy in mid January

The police are checking into the whole affair.

Mark

Archived