My second glaze firing ever! :)

Here are my results! I am excited about the hand print and the way the blue turned out inside the yellow cup. (its ultramarine blue from A.R.T.) I am a little shocked by how my seaweed green looks metallic. The Metallic cup in the back was just experimental "saturation metallic" I didn't like the shape of the cup but wanted to try out the glaze on a larger item.

I used Carnation Pink with "atalntis aqua" on top on the heart of the pink cup and LOVE that it looks sort of periwinkle- I will probably do that combo on purpose in the future.

I have 2 yarn bowls (because I crochet) the "heart strings" bowl and the "spring eyelet" bowl.

Lastly My 3 yr old's handprint in my pie plate- it's "textured blue" over the spring green.

I know they are not perfect because I am new- but I am quite satisfied with most of it.

post-19612-136353607563_thumb.jpg

post-19612-136353607563_thumb.jpg

Hi,

It's your seaweed the PC-42 from AMACO?

I love that glaze and I'm attaching 2 pictures for you to compare, I usually

get the same result.

At the studio that i used to attend every time we open the kiln we call it "Christmas Morning":

Best

Pompeyo Cepeda.

post-6303-136356745294_thumb.jpg

post-6303-136356747446_thumb.jpg

post-6303-136356745294_thumb.jpg

post-6303-136356747446_thumb.jpg

Wow, that is very nice and vibrant colors. I have just hooked up my new kiln and ran a test run, so my first firing will be coming up in the next few weeks. Hope my goes as well as yours. How long have you been throwing?

yvonne:mellow:src="http://ceramicartsdaily.org/community/public/style_emoticons/default/mellow.gif">

I just started last spring - I have 4 kids so I don't get to do it as often as I would like. My mothers day present last year was my kick wheel because I took a pottery class and was addicted to the feeling.

Hi,

get the same result.

At the studio that i used to attend every time we open the kiln we call it "Christmas Morning":

Best

Pompeyo Cepeda.

Yes it's that glaze. How do you apply yours? I only brush glazes on because I am deathly afraid of dripping on my shelves. This is with 2 heavy coats. Your second picture is what I expected to see. But your first picture looks more uniform like you applied the glaze heaver. WHat did you do differently on your second picture?

I am happy that the kids all have their own mugs now, and they are responsible for washing it and hopefully it will eliminate the 200 cups a day issue here.

I have a Large 5 qt bowl that I am planning to bisque tomorrow (with a few other items) and I am dying to see how that will turn out! It's my largest piece yet! (and it was a thrill to throw something that large!!!)

The teacher who showed me how to pull handles said that the key to a handle is the inside where you hand makes contact with it. I am constantly re checking that so it "Feels good" to hold. I have to say as horrible as it sounds, i can't help but think pervy thoughts every time I pull a handle. :P

I notice I am starting to get pickier - I just smashed a few bone dry pieces and didn't bother to bisque them. There are only so many "crap cups" one is allowed to have. cool.gif Its easy to get critical when looking at everyone else's work- but I need to chill out because My experience is WAAAY less than any of you here. I literally just learned how to throw pottery last spring.

Good to know I am not the only handle perv. laugh.gif

Hi,

get the same result.

Best

Pompeyo Cepeda.

Yes it's that glaze. How do you apply yours? I only brush glazes on because I am deathly afraid of dripping on my shelves. This is with 2 heavy coats. Your second picture is what I expected to see. But your first picture looks more uniform like you applied the glaze heaver. WHat did you do differently on your second picture?

I am happy that the kids all have their own mugs now, and they are responsible for washing it and hopefully it will eliminate the 200 cups a day issue here.

The first is 3 coats and the second one is 2 coats, i brush the first coat vertical and the second horizontal and the third vertical again. the brush well load with glaze.

Hi,

get the same result.

Best

Pompeyo Cepeda.

The first is 3 coats and the second one is 2 coats, i brush the first coat vertical and the second horizontal and the third vertical again. the brush well load with glaze.

Thank you *kiss kiss*

Hi,

get the same result.

Best

Pompeyo Cepeda.

I forgot to ask.. is your clay body different in both? What do you use? I am using A.R.T buff 103 and planning to experiment with a darker clay.

Archived