name this glaze?

Hi All, I wonder if anyone can identify this mug please? More importantly can anyone tell me what glaze this is? where to buy some more or less the same? what temp to fire at to get this look? or if not how to achieve this look. It has  a real silky feel, sort of a matt satin glaze I think. Any info would be good. Thank you in advance.

satinmug.png

Looks like a cone 10 reduction fired  glaze on a stoneware iron spot body-very popular in the 70's . The satin Matt  is the hard part. maybe a waxy white ?mine was called Billy Joes butter white and looked very close to this if fired in the right conditions (reduction) on the right clay and glazed the right thickness in application.

Maybe from Laguna in their cone 10 glazes in dry powdered form. Always mixed my own.

Could it be that it is a cone 6 clay like SC 112 with a thin mix of  possibly ART or Minnesota clay oatmeal that has been double dipped, but only bottom second coat half way. Something like light blue brushed on to the mid section with a brush of a white.

Used to get very similar to this effect as the 112 has manganese in it and does spot quite a bit under the oatmeal.

best,

Pres

1 hour ago, Pres said:

Could it be that it is a cone 6 clay like SC 112 with a thin mix of  possibly ART or Minnesota clay oatmeal that has been double dipped, but only bottom second coat half way. Something like light blue brushed on to the mid section with a brush of a white.

Used to get very similar to this effect as the 112 has manganese in it and does spot quite a bit under the oatmeal.

best,

Pres

I think you got it Pres since most likely its not a mug intact after all those years.

Archived