my person update (non pottery related)

For those who have seen some of my recent posts know that my house about burned down about a week ago. lost power to my furnace, all my upstairs.. it hasnt been fun.

This weekend I was supposed to install a new breaker box and update all my wiring but plans fell through. I decided to temporarily fix the wiring in my box so I had my furnace. This decision came after lastnight when I had it so hot in the house with the woodburning stove that it was unbearable... I love having my stove but stink to only have it to rely on, its hard to control the heat. The repairing of the wire to fix my furnace was easy and no big deal but coming up the stairs from the cellar I fell from the last step up, landed on both knees, smashed my face into the wall and put my hand through a window in the mud room! I was very lucky not to cut my hand but a small piece of glass did imbed itself into my forehead, not a big deal, I was in a car wreck years ago and still ocassionaly pick small shards of glass out of my forehead, this one came out easy. My knees are sore, thought I broke my thumb but I mostly hurt my pride. At a friends house this evening I tripped on something on his porch and about flew off of it catching myself on the guard rail. He was over today when I fell UP the stairs, both times I thought he was going to pass out from laughing so hard... haha funny!

I have been so busy I am not even sure If I mentioned that a small forum I started a few years back for a hobby was hacked earlier this week. I had to have someone help me get it back up and running, ALL the pictures were lost but luckily we got it back up with all the posts... it shocks me there are people out there with nothing better to do but hack websites for fun.

On a positive note i am pretty much over the flu and I WILL have the electric fixed soon. All in all life is STILL good. I really cant complain because I COULD have burned my house down, I COULD have hurt myself bad with one of my falls today and believe it or not.. the hacker could have done worse damage.

Sorry for the post that absolutely has NOTHING to do with pottery but I figured some would read it and feel lucky for whats going on in their life and the rest of you can get a good laugh!!

For those who have seen some of my recent posts know that my house about burned down about a week ago. lost power to my furnace, all my upstairs.. it hasnt been fun.

This weekend I was supposed to install a new breaker box and update all my wiring but plans fell through. I decided to temporarily fix the wiring in my box so I had my furnace. This decision came after lastnight when I had it so hot in the house with the woodburning stove that it was unbearable... I love having my stove but stink to only have it to rely on, its hard to control the heat. The repairing of the wire to fix my furnace was easy and no big deal but coming up the stairs from the cellar I fell from the last step up, landed on both knees, smashed my face into the wall and put my hand through a window in the mud room! I was very lucky not to cut my hand but a small piece of glass did imbed itself into my forehead, not a big deal, I was in a car wreck years ago and still ocassionaly pick small shards of glass out of my forehead, this one came out easy. My knees are sore, thought I broke my thumb but I mostly hurt my pride. At a friends house this evening I tripped on something on his porch and about flew off of it catching myself on the guard rail. He was over today when I fell UP the stairs, both times I thought he was going to pass out from laughing so hard... haha funny!

I have been so busy I am not even sure If I mentioned that a small forum I started a few years back for a hobby was hacked earlier this week. I had to have someone help me get it back up and running, ALL the pictures were lost but luckily we got it back up with all the posts... it shocks me there are people out there with nothing better to do but hack websites for fun.

On a positive note i am pretty much over the flu and I WILL have the electric fixed soon. All in all life is STILL good. I really cant complain because I COULD have burned my house down, I COULD have hurt myself bad with one of my falls today and believe it or not.. the hacker could have done worse damage.

Sorry for the post that absolutely has NOTHING to do with pottery but I figured some would read it and feel lucky for whats going on in their life and the rest of you can get a good laugh!!

I would say that all of your bad luck quota is about filled and your life can get back to being normal by the first of the year. Happy Holidays Denice

wow Buckeye! What a rotten set of luck you've been having.

Hopefully this is it and things are on the improve, life throws curve balls at times

all the best for the holiday season and hope you get a chance to put your feet up and relax

cheers, Lyn

Guest JBaymore

WOW....... sorry to hear all of that. We always tend to take for granted that "good times"...... and tend to forget that things are not necessarily guaranteed to go that way. Glad you and your house did not suffer worse than you did.

On a lighter note.........

Maybe don't buy a lottery ticket or try sky diving for the next few days. wink.gif

best,

...................john

Buckeye,

Glad all is well!

I hate to admit it, but I would be like your friend and just about pass-out laughing. Not the right thing

to do, but just can't help it.

I'm glad you are ok and getting back to the new kiln soon!

Juli

Totally understandable and I laghed also... once I got the shard of glass out of my forehead biggrin.gif

Buckeye,

Glad all is well!

I hate to admit it, but I would be like your friend and just about pass-out laughing. Not the right thing

to do, but just can't help it.

I'm glad you are ok and getting back to the new kiln soon!

Juli

Totally understandable and I laghed also... once I got the shard of glass out of my forehead biggrin.gif

" Seen good times and I've seen bad. . ." In you case, I would take an extra dose of caution, get the work needed to get done done, and then make plans for the new year. Put 2011 behind you-most of the rest of us will also come Jan. 1!

You of course know yourself best but......falling that frequently in a couple of days time could be an indication of something else going on. It would be in your best interest to go to a Dr. I was a bit alarmed by your post only because it sounds very familiar to the things I picked up people in my ambulance for. Here hoping all is well. It couldn't hurt to be checked out ???

:-)

thank you for your concern but all is good! The cellar stairs are crazy, very close together and the last step up is VERY far apart.. did I mention I was wearing sandals? Totally my fault. My friend had a piece from a metal bed frame on his porch and from the front door to the step to go to the driveway was dark and the piece was laying just a few inches in the walk path. All seems to be fine and back to normal and I have felt great the past few days with the flu finally all the way gone! woohoo!!

You of course know yourself best but......falling that frequently in a couple of days time could be an indication of something else going on. It would be in your best interest to go to a Dr. I was a bit alarmed by your post only because it sounds very familiar to the things I picked up people in my ambulance for. Here hoping all is well. It couldn't hurt to be checked out ???

My knees are sore, thought I broke my thumb but I mostly hurt my pride. At a friends house this evening I tripped on something on his porch and about flew off of it catching myself on the guard rail. He was over today when I fell UP the stairs, both times I thought he was going to pass out from laughing so hard.

Your falls were not at all funny, but your friend's laughter, I imagine, made the pain easier to bear. My favorite comedies are the Pink Panther series, starring Peter Sellers--based on the same type of falls you've endured. Surely 2012 will be better!

Sincerely,

Arnold Howard

Paragon Industries, L.P., Mesquite, Texas USA

ahoward@paragonweb.com / www.paragonweb.com

Well I'm glad your feeling better and it was all just a fluke. smile.gif

thank you for your concern but all is good! The cellar stairs are crazy, very close together and the last step up is VERY far apart.. did I mention I was wearing sandals? Totally my fault. My friend had a piece from a metal bed frame on his porch and from the front door to the step to go to the driveway was dark and the piece was laying just a few inches in the walk path. All seems to be fine and back to normal and I have felt great the past few days with the flu finally all the way gone! woohoo!!

• 2 weeks later...

OH DEAR! Sorry to hear of your trials and tribulations.That is an awful thing to happen anytime, but just before Christmas is worse yet. I guess in the end, it could have been worse. You could have landed on your head when you fell, or your house could have completely burned down. Hopefully by now all is well.

• 2 months later...

Archived