Pyrometer

My wife did a pretty spectacular job at breaking my pyrometer. When she came back from the garage 3 seconds after leaving with it I had to ask "did you run it over with the car?"

Anyways, I want to ask for brands you have been happy with. I do mainly saggar firing with it.

Thank you for your input.

Best Regards,

Marc

Obviously careless Marc! A pyrometer outside! WE have thermometers for that jobbie!

SO it's your fault    SHeath broken or wire broken or is it the actual meter that's been smashed?

I still fire with a thermocouple which has no sheath. A careless potter, hmm, smashed the procelain sheath on removing a shelf, the wires still intact so yours may be salvageable.

The Bartlett Hand Held Data Logging Digital is quite decent.

I have seem them completely engulfed in flames for extended periods and come out unscathed.

What I want it the 2 input thermo to usb interface into a laptop.

then you get a graph and and more.

Not too expensive w K-type thermo's: again at Omega engineering

Ideally it would be that with type S thermos because I am mostly interested in what happens above c6 but then it turns into real money ...

goes onto the maybe next year list.

Guest JBaymore

Most potters firing to cone 10 (or higher) don't realize how inaccurate Type K is at those temps.... not even rated for that use by ASTM.

But yes....... a Type S thermocouple is like buying a wedding ring.  ;)

best,

....................john

Most potters firing to cone 10 (or higher) don't realize how inaccurate Type K is at those temps.... not even rated for that use by ASTM.

But yes....... a Type S thermocouple is like buying a wedding ring.  ;)

best,

....................john

Not to be left lying around outside! :)

Archived