Jug wants to drip??

Hi, does anyone have a solution to  a  jug lip that wants to drip?  Researching has confused me even more! I tend to start with a slightly cylinder shape with a more straight top (should the top be flared?) To make the lip I hold my thumb and finger on the outside, and use my index finger to pull out.  How much of the lip do I sharpen?  Any help would be great!

thanks! Kate

Sharper is better. Make several little mugs into cream pitchers and explore differences in your technique.

You can push in with your outside fingers while holding the inside finger in line with the rest of the rim, then sharpen the lip as you draw out your finger.

Edited by Rae Reich

Sharp rim, and think about having the fluid go from an area of low concentration to an area of high concentration. That is, having the spout not be too wide in relation to the volume of fluid going over the edge. 

If all else fails, put a smear of butter underneath the rim. Hank Green did a short video on it sometime last year.