Glaze thinning over time?

Hello! 

I have several buckets of mayco stoneware glaze that I mixed from dry. I originally mixed them at the beginning of 2023. They all worked great initially but now a few of them have started to have issues. The glazes giving me issues seem thinner- I measured one and it has a specific gravity of 1.36 whereas my other glazes have a specific gravity of 1.46. Can specific gravity change over time? 

Is there a way to fix this? Can I let it settle and remove some water? 

Thanks!

Most glazes thicken over time if the water is allowed to evaporate. My thought is this was mixed with a lower specific gravity at some point. You could allow this to evaporate to get to a preferred SG. It’s a commercial glaze so no way to know what is in it and if it likely will perform as expected without testing once restored to your preferred SG

Min has a great point especially if it does not perform well. It’s hard to change the weight of the glaze that way, unless ….. it’s not stirred really well. So if you are just skimming water off the top when measuring, make sure it is mixed well and not a whole bunch of ingredients are at the bottom of the bucket.