What is this pottery wheel

Hello,

The brand is Westinghouse, but does anyone know the model? I only find the model of the engine inside, not the whole unit.

I am in New Zealand and guessing and hoping it's a model from here. I need to replace the outside to make it y enough to use again.

The wood has worn away and really needs new legs, chair and frame.

Thanks. 

IMG-20240307-WA0011.jpg

IMG-20240307-WA0013.jpg

Hi Mia00,

Welcome to the Forum!

I'm not finding anything on Email pottery wheels in general, let alone the particular Type and Catalog spec (which I'm not able to read) stamped on your ID plate.

If the motor, speed controls, drive mechanism (are there pulleys and belt(s)?), wheel head shaft, bearings, et cetera, are in good shape (else can be refurbished/repaired), perhaps you can use the damaged/swollen parts as templates for replacements?

Email Industries in New Zealand was involved with metals (particularly pipeline and plating), appliances, building and industrial products, and more ...interesting! The "Email" moniker is/was an acronym of Electric Meter and Allied Industries, coined in 1951, well before widespread use of Electronic Mail.
Email sold items branded Westinghouse, Kelvinator, Simpson, Chef (and others) under license from overseas companies...

Thank you, i think you're right, might just try replace the outside, was hoping to find another one that looked the same and take the frame form it.

The engine inside is a cone shaped thing that spins and then you use a lever to push it up against a wheel that then spins the top pottery wheel.  I imagine very old school but it works at least which is a win!

Thank you

18 hours ago, Mia00 said:

The engine inside is a cone shaped thing that spins and then you use a lever to push it up against a wheel that then spins the top pottery wheel. 

does the cone look like this? If it does it might have something to do with the old shimpo wheels

18 hours ago, Mia00 said:

IMG_1411.jpeg