Stilts with Porcelain

Hello,

I am going to be casting some 2.5 inch horizontal porcelain eggs. This is the first time for to do these in porcelain. They are highly decorated.  I do not know if I want to only glaze parts or the whole egg. I was wondering since they highly decorated on bottom as well is it possible to use those egg stilts with the rod and insert them through the pour hole that is in the bottom or would they get dented. I would be using those rods in both the cone 04 firing and the cone 5/6 firing as well.  I use a bed of nails stilts for my larger eggs but the smaller eggs get a lot of stilts marks on them and even with grinding the stilts marks off the bottom surface looks awful.  Could you help me please! Thank you, Sandi

Thanks you for responding. The eggs are lay flat and the pour is on the bottom. That is what meant by horizontal.  Sorry sometimes I dont know the best wording to describe something. They will have raised englobes on them and glaze.  So I am worried that something will happen to the raised decoration if I don't elevate the through both the cone 04 and cone 5/6 firing.

Thank you,

Sandi

Can they have an unglazed bottom or foot ring to allow for display? If not, how about casting a sacrificial ring or tab (maybe 3/16” diameter eyelet) into the bottom, suspend while firing, grind off after finished and finish the remaining dot with paint, or a bigger dot and insert logo?  
Just thinking …….

Edited by Bill Kielb