Cracks in my kiln

SienaA

Hi all! 
My kiln has some cracks in the bottom and I am wondering if I should worry about them. If so, should I repair them (and how) or replace the bottom? 
They are pretty thin cracks but there are quite a few. 
Thank you!!!

Edited by SienaA

Those cracks are probably nothing to worry about. Hairline cracks are perfectly normal in the floor slab, especially in 28" kilns. Since the L&L kiln stand has a solid top that supports the floor very well, even if the cracks open up a bit it's not going to matter. Just be sure to keep the metal band around the slab tight, and also tighten up all the other bands while you're at it.

Looks good does the kiln floor overhang the stand at all? if so the walls are not well supported.. I always cut a circle  of steel or even thick 1/4 aluminum that supports the whole kiln and  put on top any stand provided . It s simple physics walls are downward force of walls and lid usually unsupported or cantilevered over the floor support to outside of floor hence the cracking usually seen in most kiln floors. I hope L& L has figured this one out as all others I have seen have not.