What type of controller is this?

Hi! I was hoping that someone here could help me identify the type of controller on my new old kiln. The kiln itself is not terribly old (1993 Nabertherm) but the controller was made by a defunct Spanish manufacturer, and it is a bit complicated for a beginner such as myself. I have been looking for videos or other content from people using a similar controller, but since I lack the proper terms to describe it I haven't found any.
The photo makes it look like it is in terrible shape—it does not look like that in person! I have also attached a representation of the controller panel. I can sort of understand what each button does, but it would be very helpful to watch someone else using something similar. Thank you very much in advance!

h1gFY0m.jpg    qjsLPpX.png

I know what you are thinking and it is in my plans to replace it, but just not in the short term. I am based in South America, so I must work with what I have.

No replies.

So I would.

Set the temp you want in top dial, I would  put in, bisque temp first, say , 1000 degrees Celcius, cone 06, or higher, 1040°C, cone 04.

Put a few cone sets throughout tge kiln 07, 06, 05 if going for C06,1000°C

TF3 WOULD BE A SOAK AFTER TEMP  REACHED SO DEPENDS ON YOUR GLAZE, PACKING OF KILN  AS THIS EVENS OUT TEMP THROUGHOUT YOUR KILN, IT INCREASES HEATWORK. So 5mins to 10 mins

As the first ramp tF1, is most risky for pots, I would schedule that for 6 hrs for a bisque firing, and set time for whole firing for 9hrs, 10 mins., 

Have a go, can't lose, take notes .

Temp reached each hour,

check peep hole for colour inside your kiln. And state of cone packs when kiln opened.

On 7/3/2023 at 12:06 AM, LugaGreen said:

Hi! I was hoping that someone here could help me identify the type of controller on my new old kiln. The kiln itself is not terribly old (1993 Nabertherm) but the controller was made by a defunct Spanish manufacturer, and it is a bit complicated for a beginner such as myself. I have been looking for videos or other content from people using a similar controller, but since I lack the proper terms to describe it I haven't found any.
The photo makes it look like it is in terrible shape—it does not look like that in person! I have also attached a representation of the controller panel. I can sort of understand what each button does, but it would be very helpful to watch someone else using something similar. Thank you very much in advance!

h1gFY0m.jpg    qjsLPpX.png

I know what you are thinking and it is in my plans to replace it, but just not in the short term. I am based in South America, so I must work with what I have.

OR you set temp for ramp 1 tF1 initially, 600°c and then down to the time, set 6hrs,  doesn't seem to be a button for F2, But, set final temp wanted and time of full firing 9hrs 10 mins, and tF3 as 5 mins.

Percentage F1 sat 25%

Thank-you very much @Babs! I was going to experiment on my own but it is great to get advice from someone more experienced. I will try it on the weekend to keep a close eye on the whole firing, and will update with my notes in case it's useful to someone else in the future.

The confusing bit seems to be the pot F1 (%). As you can only set the top temperature I am guessing pot F1 (%) tells it what percentage of the top temperature to go to and t.F1 tells it how long to take. F2 just seems to be a full power ramp up to the top temperature as you can't set it anywhere and t.F3 is the hold minutes at top temperature.

I can't figure out what else pot F1 would mean. An example of how I feel it works would be you set top temp to 1000c and pot F1 to 6 and t.F1 set to 6.00 or however many hours and it should go to 600c in 6 hours then full power to 1000c.

8 hours ago, High Bridge Pottery said:

The confusing bit seems to be the pot F1 (%). As you can only set the top temperature I am guessing pot F1 (%) tells it what percentage of the top temperature to go to and t.F1 tells it how long to take. F2 just seems to be a full power ramp up to the top temperature as you can't set it anywhere and t.F3 is the hold minutes at top temperature.

I can't figure out what else pot F1 would mean. An example of how I feel it works would be you set top temp to 1000c and pot F1 to 6 and t.F1 set to 6.00 or however many hours and it should go to 600c in 6 hours then full power to 1000c.

Yes the pot % got me too, I thought % poWer on for F1 so I suggested set it at 25%  so not to blow pots up....

If @LugaGreen takes good notes of what was set and temp rises/ hr if that becomes available, get a better estimation of what that controls