Plunger button will not lock in place

Hey, I found this forum and, lucky for me, I figured out why my Cress Kiln sitter LT-3K plunger button wouldn't stay plunged... It was a two-tier problem I believe. First, the plunger button has approx 1mm groove in it. Turns out some clay, mud or some other crap dripped onto that plunger button, filling up that groove just enough for the cam not to latch onto it... Ok, problem #1 is fixed. I used a push pin and cleaned that groove out.

The second problem, that cam I mentioned before, turns out it had some sticky crap that dripped in-between that and the kiln sitter faceplate. Made it stick just enough so that the funky spring just below the unit didn't have enough strength to push the cam up and release the plunger button. Hope that makes sense. So I decided to take apart the whole thing, used bike degreaser to clear out that sticky crap, put it all back together and wala, kiln sitter is working once again.

I almost gave up and bought a brand new L&L kiln.... One day but not today, my Cress  FX-27 P made in 1993 still works!

I had the same thing happen to my kiln sitter,  but the kiln was much older it was made in the 60's.  I took it to my kiln guy,  he took it apart and cleaned it,  he told me I was lucky that it just needed cleaning.   My kiln sitter was so old he couldn't get some of the parts anymore.   I finally had to throw away the kiln a few years ago,  it was crumbling into nothing.   Denice