Teach class with only one wheel?

Do you really need 2 wheels to teach a person to throw?

I have been asked by 10 people to give private lessons, is there any reason this can't be done with just one wheel? 

I was thinking I would demonstrate, then they would use the wheel, repeat...

Taught HS for years, even though in the end we had six wheels, I only had one student per wheel, and six on at a time. I wandered from wheel to wheel hands on correcting positions, explaining pressure points on clay and hand, would hand in hand use their fingers for a pull inside and outside so that they would understand it isn't about pulling up, but pinching together. So one wheel good pre demo, correct poor posture, hand positions and make certain they understand the steps in progression. Always demonstrate the 3 forms separately, but make certain they master the cylinder first.

best,

Pres

First, having two wheels allows for a more efficient use of time. While one student is working on the wheel, the other can be watching and learning, allowing for more practice time overall. Second, having two wheels can allow for a more interactive and collaborative learning experience. Students can watch and learn from each other, offer feedback and tips, and share ideas and techniques.

i learned from 2 wheels, head to head, so I could watch the person teaching me throw as i threw.  Then practice practice practice.  I found it truly interesting to watch others throw, as they often did things that were never mentioned, especially when it came to coning up and centering.  For instance, I was taught to cone up and then push it all straight down, but my instructor pushed the top AWAY from himself, and then down, so I tried that, and centering just happened!!  Well,  most of the time, anyway.   Good wedging was another technique that observation helped with, and other  things I guess i just internalized over time.