Paragon kiln A-9918

First, get those shelves out of there! If they slide around even a little bit they're going to break the bricks. The brick is quite thin where the element grooves are, and it doesn't take much to break them. Broken bricks will lower the value of the kiln. Also, put a piece of foam board under it when you transport it. Replacing a broken floor slab in that model is a real pain.

I believe it's an A-99B.  Max temp 2300, Amps 44.2, Watts 10612.

It's a little underpowered for its size, only rated to cone 8. It'll work for cone 5 work, though. If the lid and floor are in good condition, and none of the bricks are so broken that they need to be replaced, and shelves are included, I would offer it at $800 and haggle from there.

THANKS, NEIL!  that was the first thing i wanted to say.    i also think it is stacked in the wrong order.   never see a kiln sitter at the bottom, it belongs in the middle layer.     SORRY, NEIL,  HOW DOES THE SITTER WORK IF IT IS ONLY A FEW INCHES ABOVE THE BOTTOM?

i had one   SIMILAR TO  of these that a friend gave me.  i used it for years.  THAT LABEL reads 2500 degrees so i think it is a cone 10, not an 8.  (UNLESS MY NEW GLASSES SEE IT DIFFERENTLY)  it is also a 3 phase so check electrical stuff right away, you do not want to sell it  without knowing what the buyer will need to do.

did you drive it anywhere in that truck?  how did you keep it stable so it would not be ruined on the drive home?   brick sound like something very strong but you can damage those with a fingernail.

looking closer, i see the stand but did not spot a bottom anywhere.  does it have one?

Edited by oldlady
add

A friend made an interior shell which fitted smack against the bricks then filled with packing matterial , this was to stop the bricks juggling and possible dislodging of the elements, it also supported the lid from inside if, that makes sense..may be overkill for you but with the roads around here, and distances travelled, made perfect sense