mixer spinning the wrong direction?

wittarts

I bought this mixer used and it won't mix worth a darn.  I'm 90% sure it is spinning the wrong direction.  It spins counter clockwise and everything i have read about soldners is that they are supposed to spin clockwise.   How could this have happened and does anyone have any insight into how to reverse the direction the motor.  

IMG-7967-min (1).jpg

Hi Witt,

No doubt Forum member(s) with direct Soldner experience will respond.

In the meantime, "NOTE: The mixer must rotate clockwise" from 
instructions pro (soldnerequipment.com)
also
"The wiring diagram will be found either on a placard on the motor or inside the cover of the wiring box."

If you find a wiring diagram, please post a clear image of same here.

The doc includes current manufacturer contact information (Muddy Elbow Manufacturing).

Nice find.
I'm a little jealous!

9 hours ago, Hulk said:

Hi Witt,

No doubt Forum member(s) with direct Soldner experience will respond.

In the meantime, "NOTE: The mixer must rotate clockwise" from 
instructions pro (soldnerequipment.com)
also
"The wiring diagram will be found either on a placard on the motor or inside the cover of the wiring box."

If you find a wiring diagram, please post a clear image of same here.

The doc includes current manufacturer contact information (Muddy Elbow Manufacturing).

Nice find.
I'm a little jealous!

I got it spinning clockwise with this very helpful diagram, it was very easy, now its mixing like a champion.  Im just curious why, with what seems to be the factory settings, would it spin counter clockwise and not work at all.  

IMG-7977.jpg

1 hour ago, wittarts said:

Im just curious why, with what seems to be the factory settings, would it spin counter clockwise and not work at all.

Like many machines that are rotation dependent and because of the type motor / power can rotate backwards for their use depending on the order of the phase connections. it’s customary to provide direction to the electrician on rotation and reversing it as appropriate so the machine is setup appropriately after it is wired. Reversing rotation is usually a simple matter of switching two wires which is noted on the machine. The manufacture often can’t predict the universal order of phase (a,b,c -r,s,t) so final commissioning is left up to the person connecting the machine.

In other words being an electrician / mechanic also often requires latent skills. This is true for many industrial machines and even many air conditioning compressors. A backwards spinning scroll compressor just doesn’t work.

Edited by Bill Kielb