repair on an old kiln

So i’m new to the whole kiln thing and i was given this old kiln from a family friend. i was told to replace the coils and the control panel so i ordered the coils and replaced them, ripping apart a good amount of the fire brick in the process. and i was given a kiln sitter control panel too and after replacing the coils i have no clue where to go from here. I can’t find anything online oh how to/where to connect the wires inside the control panel. Any help is greatly appreciated, also do i need to repair the fire rock? 

FC707424-11D1-48B8-A760-49C8C1ECE60F.jpeg

72EEC5FA-A55F-49EB-B18C-39F647E0E77B.jpeg

295D7127-78B0-42D4-A033-E4CACBB642A1.jpeg

1 hour ago, jessiep.246 said:

the control panel it came with says cress electric kiln model B-18-H

Interesting. The red control boxes in the photo are Skutt boxes. Is the Cress model number on one of those red boxes, or do you also have the Cress control box?

If you just have small chips in the bricks along the element grooves, then all you have to do is put a pin in the element at any chip larger than an inch so that the element can't sag out of the groove. If you have larger broken sections, post some pictures and we can see if they warrant any additional action.

On 8/22/2022 at 8:52 PM, neilestrick said:

Interesting. The red control boxes in the photo are Skutt boxes. Is the Cress model number on one of those red boxes, or do you also have the Cress control box?

If you just have small chips in the bricks along the element grooves, then all you have to do is put a pin in the element at any chip larger than an inch so that the element can't sag out of the groove. If you have larger broken sections, post some pictures and we can see if they warrant any additional action.

the kiln itself is a cress and i was given a new kilnsitter control panel to put on it. i don’t think i have any chunks missing that are larger than an inch. i’m very lost on how to connect the new control panel to the kiln as i just replaced all the coils. any advice would be great 

You can't easily combine parts from different kiln brands. From the picture it looks like the Sitter tube won't line up properly with the hole for it in the kiln, and there are other parts you'll need even if it does line up. Unfortunately, this is really a job for someone who knows how to fix kilns. The Cress probably had a single long control box. Do you still have it?