Technical questions about the Skutt SSX controller

I have been looking for some technical info about this contorller and Google keeps pointing me to this forum.

I have purchased a Skutt motor and SSX controller and retrofitted them as an upgrade to an old Creative Industries wheel.  Everything is in the wheel and basically working, but I have a few questions.  I plan on calling Skutt but wanted to try here first.

1) Nothing is draining the capacitor after power off.  If the pedal is let off completely then the power is cut depressing the pedal will cause a few turns of the wheel head.  I do not recall the Skutt wheels at my school doing this, but class is out for the summer and I don't have access to test.  This is not a big deal but seems like it shouldn't happen.  Does Skutt put something in there to drain the cap?

2) I am looking for some guidance on adjusting the trim pots on the board.  The speed and signal adjust pots I have set by trial and error.  I am assuming the current limit I should just adjust at around the top rating of the motor.  The one I am wonering about is the IR comp.  Is there any reason to not leave it completely open to keep most consistent torque?  Am I misunderstanding how that pot works?

3) On the board there are two spades for 0-10 vdc input.  In the Skutt diagram there is no connection to these.  When I put a meter on them there is no current.  What are these for?

Thanks, folks.  I appreciate your input an I appreciate this forum.  I am glad to have found it.

20220717_164805.jpg

Edited by Zach England

The controllers come preset from the factory, so aside from max speed I wouldn't make any adjustments.

No idea on the extra terminals, but these are not made specifically for Skutt wheels so they probably have other applications that they can be used for.

Call Skutt for more precise answers.

The boards are* supplied by Minarik.
Registration is required to get the docs, here: minarikdrives.com

Mine exhibits same capacitor thing, however, within a few minutes, it's drained off.

My wheel has the pcmxp ("ssx") board; Skutt also uses the mm23001c board (as standard - it's perfectly suitable).

Minarik Drives

XP Series
   User Manual

fifty page document has a chapter on calibration (trim pots); it's seven pages, however, several sections refer to other chapters for background info, etc. 

I bumped up the MAX SPEED and changed the IR COMP setting.

*or were; my Skutt will be coming up on five years old.
I haven't looked at their website, nor Minarik's, for several years.
...don't know why Skutt doesn't have the manual or at least some excerpts available. Oh well, their support is super, my bet is they would be helpful - I was able to find the doc myself - it was a Saturday, so.

5 hours ago, Hulk said:

The boards are* supplied by Minarik.
Registration is required to get the docs, here: minarikdrives.com

While registration is required to access info from minarikdrives.com a google for Minarik Drives  XP Series  User Manual gives two freely-accessible manuals on another site.

Minariks DC Drives - XP-DC Series - User Manual https://www.galco.com/techdoc/mnrk/xp08-60dc_um.pdf (44 pages)

MInarik DC Drives - XP-AC Series - User Manual https://www.galco.com/techdoc/mnrk/xp10-115_um.pdf (32 pages)

I've no idea of their status relative to current or historic versions of the boards.

Note that both MAX SPEED and MAX SPD  are used, so allow for this when searching the documents.