Best wax resist out there? Forbes others?

Forbes is water based whereas MobilCer (and some of the others) are oil based. For going on bisque I prefer Forbes but for going on glaze I prefer an oil based one. (they can still be thinned with water) Oil based ones I've used take longer to dry and can be a bit sticky or gummy but they don't lift or soften the underlying glaze like I've found Forbes can.

20 hours ago, Min said:

Forbes is water based whereas MobilCer (and some of the others) are oil based. For going on bisque I prefer Forbes but for going on glaze I prefer an oil based one. (they can still be thinned with water) Oil based ones I've used take longer to dry and can be a bit sticky or gummy but they don't lift or soften the underlying glaze like I've found Forbes can.

Thank you Min. I asked this question back in 2019 and you and a few others replied to it then. This is wax applied on glaze and so we want it to resist as clean as possible from the glaze underneath. The Mobilcer disappeared from the market about then. I was wondering if others found a good replacement. Seattle Crystal Clear claims it is the same as Mobilcer. 

My local place sells Laguna wax resist, when I looked at the SDS for it the Crystalcer A comes up. Seattle sells “Crystal Wax Resist” which it sounds like is still MobilCer as they say “Wax Resist used to keep glaze from areas on bisque. At SPS you get the original MobilCer A wax resist.”

edit: very lightly going over a wax based resist with a heat gun  and/or lightly burnishing it with a piece of plastic wrap makes it as slick and good  as hot wax. It’s an extra step but for waxes that can be a bit gummy it really works.

Edited by Min