Post pandemic buying energy

Post pandemic buying energy is still very high, continuing from last fall. I had my first show of 2022 this past weekend. I prepared a whole lot more work than my previous best sales results from this show. A lot of artists there had fabulous weekends! The crowds were big and they wanted to spend.

55534E1C-D2E8-4937-AF17-F78467855D6C.JPG.4a316ffe88fce4962db7191f104abf2b.JPG

Yes is is still a buy frenzy out there. My outlets are very strong all throughout the winter as well . Now thats spring is on its going nowhere but up.Even Easter week was way up. Mothers day will be the same .

53 minutes ago, oldlady said:

hope it is still there on mother's day.  i have a winter's worth of work to glaze and sell on that day.

They are hungry for your pots and you will kill it. The pot fever is strong now.

I think this is a highly regional thing.  In my area gallery sales have remained low ever since the Delta variant hit.  This has been somewhat offset by demand for classes, which has been high throughout the pandemic and remains strong now.  It's great to hear that potters in other areas are doing well with sales.  

Welp, the first spring market I’ve done since 2019 was reasonably impressive for a 1 day affair! A couple of repeat customers, and lots of mugs sold as always. 

I was interested to note that there was a lot more cash today than I’ve seen in 2 years. Before the pandemic, I could usually count on half to 3/4 of my sales being cash, with more cards being present during the holidays. During the last 2 years I almost considered stopping carrying a float at all because I’d go for weeks with no cash sales. Today about a third of my take was cash again. 

Yesterday I just finished my second show for the year

I also see an uptick in sales as well as well as credit card usage. 

Pre-pandemic cash sales was easily 70%, last year 35% was in cash, and so far this year is 20% in cash

Archived