Broken Wheel

Hello all,

I have an issue that I am hoping someone can help with. I recently acquired a used Clay Boss pottery wheel circa 2003. After using it for only a few weeks, it no longer wishes to stop spinning completely when I depress the pedal. I have been searching for a solution, and Speedball (the company that acquired Creative Industries) tells me that I need to spend another 200 to fix it. I am a little short of disposable income, so I was hoping for a more cost effective solution.

I am not familiar with your particular wheel, but many have an adjustment in the foot pedal for speed. Yours may have become out of adjustment on the low speed side and thus will not stop. Look at the bottom of the pedal to see if there is a removable cover and a way to adjust the pedal.

John

Hello all,

I have an issue that I am hoping someone can help with. I recently acquired a used Clay Boss pottery wheel circa 2003. After using it for only a few weeks, it no longer wishes to stop spinning completely when I depress the pedal. I have been searching for a solution, and Speedball (the company that acquired Creative Industries) tells me that I need to spend another 200 to fix it. I am a little short of disposable income, so I was hoping for a more cost effective solution.

Hello fellow newbie, we had the same issue at the Guild and after opening the foot pedal discovered loose pieces, dirt/clay, after a good cleaning and tightening the pedal worked good as new. Open the pedal up and see what is inside that needs attention. Best to you.

Thank you for the response. I did take it apart and clean it. Did not help :( I think it needs a new pedal? Perhaps a new rheostat? I just do not know how to go about having it repaired. I called the manufacturer, however their way of fixing it costs 200.00. I was hoping there was a more cost effective way. Oh well... live and learn.

Check with your local clay supplier/community college/community studio and see if they have someone who can adjust the pedal or if they know of a repairperson in your area . . . likely to cost less to have it done locally. Also, go on line and download a copy of the wheel user manual . . . it might have a section on adjusting the foot pedal.

Archived