flame in burner

Hello, I have been working on the same problem now that I previously posted regarding gas/propane firing that results in black carbon  deposits.  I have cut the openings in the metal plate under my kiln floor so there is plenty of air/oxygen being allowed in.  However, the flame does not want to go through the burners and up into the kiln itself.  I can get two of the three burners to direct a flame into the kiln albeit not blue, but yellow and therefore not likely of the temp. I am needing.  I can see the flame in the burner wanting to shoot back out the front rather than traveling through the burner into the kiln chamber. I don't know what is preventing the flame from traveling through and into the kiln.  Everything has been cleaned and opened up, and yet........

Any thoughts?   Thank you all so much.

I believe if you return to that thread you will see the request to add a picture and to make sure the primary aIr shutter is open along with the suggestion to clean the orifice. Can you post a picture and let us know if you verified and cleaned as suggested?

To clean a blocked orifice it has to be removed and cleaned otherwise the same dirt will get pushed back into the pipe. A picture of the burner will likely go a long way, especially one showing it in operation.

here is the previous response: https://community.ceramicartsdaily.org/topic/26938-aim-gas-kiln-firing-problems/?do=findComment&comment=210995

Just a note, if you are using propane, it will be hard to make them very blue at lowfire. That being said, a picture of typical propane burners at very low pressure to candle this kiln. Notice yellow to white with a definite hint of blue in the inner cone. Again, this picture is at very low pressure, these are not actually firing significantly yet, but here is what you might expect at very low pressures.

571E871B-CD50-4333-A150-09770252616B.jpeg

It sounds like, even though you said that everything was cleaned and opened up, you have dirty orifices in your burners...When you cleaned the orifices did you do it while under pressure, preferably air? And are the insides of the burners clean of dirt, spider webs and rust? Photos of your burners would help...

Archived