Put a 3.3 cubic coneart kiln into a 45 sq. ft bathroom, yes or no?

Kaka

28 minutes ago, neilestrick said:

The kiln has to be vented if it's indoors. It's a health/safety issue. In most commercial spaces I've dealt with, the kiln is vented out through the roof rather than through a wall or window. Any chance you already have a roof penetration that you can use?

Yes, I had two thoughts before, one is I was thinking if I can replace my old bathroom fan to a ventilation system that connect with my kiln, because this is the only duct that will not affect my indoor air circulation. Another thought is just break any of the ceiling panel( T-bar ceiling) and vent, but I don’t know where the air goes to lol. Not sure whether it is going to the building air system or directly outside…Well…Tough….I don’t wanna hurt any one in the building…

5 hours ago, Kaka said:

Yes, I had two thoughts before, one is I was thinking if I can replace my old bathroom fan to a ventilation system that connect with my kiln, because this is the only duct that will not affect my indoor air circulation. Another thought is just break any of the ceiling panel( T-bar ceiling) and vent, but I don’t know where the air goes to lol. Not sure whether it is going to the building air system or directly outside…Well…Tough….I don’t wanna hurt any one in the building…

Your suite ought to be isolated so the ceiling plenums ought to be relatively isolated from other suites for fire protection reasons. There are systems that use the ceiling plenum for return air and only the supplies are ducted  within this plenum but this is not super common anymore. Since you have 1500 sf you likely have a 4 to 5 ton cooling / heating rooftop unit for just for your space heating and cooling needs. Generally your lease would specify what the Landlord is responsible to provide. Generally you would be responsible for all maintenance of the unit during your lease. Again generally a five ton unit would trip the trigger to be supervised by an automatic fire alarm system.

The ceiling plenum is not a good idea in my view as even if isolated from the others and not configured as a return air plenum it won’t be perfectly hermetic between suites. The bath fan is very likely ducted with a four inch duct,  Likely you can only get  a few hundred cfm through the present duct without a bunch of head loss (back pressure) so not enough to completely cool, but maybe a decent way to minimize the fumes and partially cool.

I think I would look at the outside install if reasonably covered just because it has the least chance of affecting others property, health etc…If this is a leased premises then I would check the rules of the lease. Will the Landlord allow it? All tenants generally have the right to quiet enjoyment or some equivalent  of. We also have no knowledge of fire protection so are there sprinkler heads and what color is the glass bulb. Orange =135 degrees (57c), red =155 degrees (68c) and a bathroom would require at minimum one head. 155 degrees (68c) at the ceiling ain’t hard to get to with a kiln. A few gallons per minute undiscovered until shut down can do a whole bunch of water damage.  If the building has an automatic fire alarm system it may have smoke detectors and maybe even heat detectors. If it has heat detectors, these are set off on rate of rise so you most likely will set one off with the kiln.

Post a few decent pictures and it will likely spark some ideas and potential cautions here.

Archived