What not to do

Do not try this at home....

Unloaded the kiln for the millionth time and there it was, a little round drop bubble of beautiful green glaze. Umm I will just brush that off me thinks. As my hand is in motion I already know the result but toooooo late. Fingers sliced way open.. so now I have them super glued up and have to wait for three days or so until the worst has healed. Arrggggg.. reminds me of the time I stuck the drill bit in my mouth to see how hot it was.....

lovely

T

Don't mean to be too cautionary but...........

Doctors and Dentists have been having problems with people using superglue that is not intended for medical use.

I know that people claim to do it all the time but I've been told that it is a very bad idea to use superglue for wounds unless as a last ditch, no help available within many miles.

I hope your wound heals with out complications

Lockley

Trina, I admire how readily you owned up to your mistake(s)--and publicly no less! I'm always so embarrassed when I do something like that...since I don't lie, I'll reply mumble mumble when someone asks me how I acquired an injury that was self-inflicted rather than admit to it. I need to work on that since we all make mistakes and I think it's good to be able to laugh at ourselves and our foibles.

I use super glue (crazy glue really) all the time to speed up healing cracked or cut fingers . I would not do a show without it. It also lives on our kitchen table as I use it that much.You will see it used in surgery rooms a lot as well.

Mark

Archived