Duncan True Matte 5 Antique Rose (TM5 756)

Hi all!

I recently found out that Duncan got bought out by Mayco in November and therefore some of their glazes are getting discontinued and unfortunately one that I use often in my work is one of those. I was wondering if anyone has any advice on another glaze that might work as a replacement? I haven’t had much luck so far in my search and I am not brave enough to mix my own glazes at this point. 

https://duncanceramics.com/TM5-756-ANTIQUE-ROSE

The glaze is a matte pastel pink color (see image). If someone has some pints they are willing to part with I’m open to buying them too. I love the True Matte 5 line from Duncan and hope that they aren’t discontinuing all of them. 

Thanks!

0407F9EF-476E-4701-AD29-F740C558E8CC.jpeg

lara, you might check local paint your own places if it is a cone 06 glaze.    some of the smaller places might have some on a shelf.     i came across an entire  closeout years ago in the same situation and bought them all.

contact mayco/duncan and ask their marketing person if there is any way to find what you want.   they may have the same thing with a different name.

• 3 weeks later...

Amaco satin mattes are nice.

You have to mix your own colours though..... you'd need a red and a white to make this sort of pink and the red is very strong so mix probably 5% (or even less) red to 95% white.

They need to be applied very thick  or apply lots of coats! I do 4 or 5 coats which is a pain but the finish is gorgeous.

I've tried the Duncan true mattes and thought they were quite poor glazes

Oh no! I love the Duncan true matte line too, especially their whites. I've yet to find another brand that has the variety of whites and creams that they do. But I was reading the label on the pint of Amaco clear satin and it says that all the colors, except a couple of reds, are mixable. So, as Natalie suggests, perhaps you could mix a similar color?

Hi, I have a pint of the dusty rose that I’m not using as well as a bunch of other colors if anyone would like to buy them. For some reason they did not fire well for me when I tested them out. Maybe it was the studio I used to fire them.

I was using their true matte weathered porcelain which worked out well though and I use it a lot but now I can’t find it anywhere! Does anyone recommend a matte white glaze I can use instead? Super bummed to hear they discontinued this color 

10 hours ago, Kathryn_bb said:

Hi, I have a pint of the dusty rose that I’m not using as well as a bunch of other colors if anyone would like to buy them. For some reason they did not fire well for me when I tested them out. Maybe it was the studio I used to fire them.

I was using their true matte weathered porcelain which worked out well though and I use it a lot but now I can’t find it anywhere! Does anyone recommend a matte white glaze I can use instead? Super bummed to hear they discontinued this color 

There is  a sale forum at this site.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2021 at 7:16 AM, Kathryn_bb said:

Hi @Kathryn_bb I would love to buy some of those if you have any left!!

Archived