Still getting orders after Xmas?

I would say so for custom work. I am shipping out a few mugs this week as well. I'm hoping for it all to slow down. I'm just about  out of mugs (on fumes now). I need a week off -I did look at a market on the 26th and gave them a few items to make the display look better-I checked another market and they are wiped out of stuff. I'm pruning trees this week not making pots.

I have a pretty long list of things I need to make, things that people tried to buy during my holiday sale but were sold out. I told everybody I am taking a couple of months off and I would contact them in March. Every person said “no problem.” Pottery customers are so nice, and they are not “immediate gratification” types. These folks will get 2020 prices for what they’re waiting for, but after that there are definitely some items that will get a price bump. 

Yes to the price bump-for me that happened already in my consignment galleries( I hve two)  and in my  xmas booth sale just before xmas . I did that in late October. The 4 organic markets will be in the New Year as well as my two bagel wholesale shops (I changed the prices there when they closed for two weeks already).I'm working on those price hikes this week.Not one person said a thing about price hike at my booth this year

@ronfire, we’ve had this conversation about prices, man. At $40, you’re still undercharging.

My last order was December 24th. I have not done anything to draw attention to my online shop at the moment because it’s pretty naked. There are some odd bits that I could have listed for a sale, but at some point enough is enough. I did good this year. I’m happy with what I’ve got.

I have one lady that wanted a specific mug for her husband, but she’s completely fine waiting for the next firing, probably the end of January. I agree with Mea. All my customers have been really appreciative and nice. 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived